Created 14 December 2017
How to make all the right decisions!
ACAR 2020 foreshadowed to open in September 2020 – we strongly encourage preparing NOW for your residential and short-term restorative care applications!
In 2016, Aged Care Approvals Round (ACAR) residential care applications were made for just over 45,000 new beds. Only 22% were allocated. In contrast, Verso clients achieved an allocation rate of 64%, tripling their chances for success! This is consistent with our record spanning 15+ years, assisting new/established providers in WA, SA, NSW and Victoria.
Increased competition for residential aged care funding has confirmed that, more than ever, the Australian Government is looking for providers to show detailed evidence of need to justify their proposals. Verso’s Managing Director, Doug Faircloth explains:
“When preparing a funding application, ask yourself: is it compelling, compliant and competitive? Our clients’ funding successes highlight the importance of providing a strong rationale and good evidence when pursuing new residential aged care places.”
“This strategy works for applications for funding residential facilities in high as well as low priority areas. In the 2016 ACAR we successfully supported clients to obtain funding across the breadth of the Department of Health’s categories of need.”
How would you respond to these questions?
- Is your proposed site in the best possible location?
- What is the appropriate catchment for market analysis?
- What is your catchment profile?
- What is the current and future balance of supply and demand in the catchment?
- What size facility will be viable given the mix of likely resident levels?
- What are your chances of a capital grant?
- How does the facility layout and design support your care and staffing model?
- What about dementia care? Do you need a separate unit?
Examining and interpreting the data is fundamental to our approach – and to the success of our clients. Our research analysis will help you to provide evidence of unmet needs and service gaps for residential care. Verso Needs Studies draw on a wide range of data sources, with each one providing a different window into the past, current and future needs of both rural and urban communities:
- ABS Census of Population & Housing
- Survey of Disability & Carers (SDAC)
- Labour force data from the Commonwealth Department of Employment Labour Market
- Productivity Commission annual Reports on Government Services
“The competition is only getting fiercer”, Doug concludes. “It’s time to get serious about your organisation’s ability to not just survive, but to thrive in this period of reform.”
Email Doug now to find out how we can support your residential and STRC applications to give you the best chance for success!